Re: [linux-audio-user] reverse reverb

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 18:42:59 EET

On Fri, Nov 10, 2006 at 05:21:20PM +0100, Atte Andr? Jensen wrote:
> Is such an effect available as a LADSPA plugin

Sadly, LADSPA plugin developers have been unable to invent a time
machine ;-)

There are "reverse" reverb effects available in commercial devices
(my old crappy Alesis Microverb had such a setting), which I believe
work by doing a gated reverb effect and applying a rising envelope to the
wet signal. This sounds vaguely like the old analog reverse-tape trick but
crucially, the reverb still happens after the dry signal.

and no, I haven't seen that in any LADSPA plugins.

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com