[linux-audio-user] Re: The famous "Jack Hum" (Can't record and desparate)

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Nov 13 2006 - 18:04:07 EET

> Yes, from talking to someone who works on the assembly line in Dell
> here in Limerick, they seem to have totally different manufacturing
> standards, tolerances, etc, for the high-end laptops and for the cheap
> ones.

I must own an inspironingly cheap one. Say so there is absolutely no
software way to get rid of the singing capacitor? That's pretty much
what I assume it to be. Singing capacitor caused by the interrupts at
the end of each buffering cycle. I only have a vague idea what that
means, but maybe you kernel people can help. Please?

Carlo