Re: [linux-audio-user] HDSP + CardBus + Multiface

From: Dmitry Baikov <dsbaikov@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 18:42:11 EET

On 11/13/06, Nick Murtagh <nickmurtagh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> At this point hdspmixer shows all channels at maximum volume with the
> OVR lights on. No sound is played. The aplay command never returns.

I had it once, and when it happened, syslog also has a message -
"Could not provide power to carbus slot".

Reinsertion of the card did nothing - all channels at maximum as well.
It was curied by disconnecting everything, cardbus from laptop,
multiface from cardbus, power from multiface and connecting again.

Also, seems linux does not always like cardbus insertion/removal.
Try to switch everything off, insert cardbus (connected to multiface),
power on multiface, and then power on laptop. This is the only
sequence that works always.

> If I remove the CardBus card and reinsert it hdspmixer returns to normal,
> but sometimes the mouse pointer hangs erratically when I do this, but the
> keyboard still works.

> If I try to start jackd, it seems to succeed initially, but then gets killed by
> the watchdog:

Seems to be some strange things with interrupt handling.

Don't give up yet. Hope that helps.

Dmitry.