Re: [linux-audio-user] Midi Woes

From: Giuseppe Zompatori <siliconjoe@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 14 2006 - 21:43:48 EET

Hi Clemens,

2006/11/14, Clemens Ladisch <cladisch@email-addr-hidden>:
> Then it's probably not a problem with the port address.
>
> In what previous kernel version did this work?
> Do you know which ALSA version this was?

Unfortunately no, I do not remember, I'd have to investigate again...
I am even not so sure MIDI IO has ever been working at all with this motherboard now that I am thinking better about it. I am getting older and it shows :(
I tried unloading all of the ALSA drivers and fooled around a bit with the mpu401 OSS (free OSS) module just for the sake of it and it complains there's no such port at the BIOS addresses as well.
I tried installing an older version of the dreaded OS on an obsolete spare HD with the MB supplied drivers and MIDI IO (still IOPort 300 and IRQ 5 settings for the BIOS) worked perfectly, I just did this test to make sure that the HW works in the first place.

> > Hard to describe the mess that's going on with this (not saying it's
> > your fault of course), master volume control seems to not be working
> > but for lowering line-in monitoring levels, changing line-in
> > monitoring does nothing.
>
> A newer driver version might fix things.
>
> Which codec are you using? (see /proc/asound/cards)

gzed@email-addr-hidden:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
  0 [SI7012 ]: ICH - SiS SI7012
                      SiS SI7012 with CMI9761 at 0xc800, irq 209
  1 [UART ]: MPU-401 UART - MPU-401 UART
                      MPU-401 UART at 0x300, irq 5

Cheers,

-Guiseppe