Re: [linux-audio-user] FC2->Fc3->Fc4->Fc5->FC6->FC*: it's crazy!

From: Joseph Dell'Orfano <fullgo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 15 2006 - 05:38:33 EET

I still am running FC2 on my DAW. I have upgraded my main office
computer nearly every other fedora release (I figure that the even
releases will be better, much like the Star Trek movies) and I haven't
had much breakage (i.e. by using the upgrade option in the fedora
CD-roms). I use Planet CCRMA for my DAW and find that everything (on
FC2) is running perfectly, so I don't see any real reason to want to
break...I mean upgrade the OS. Once I build out a 64-bit machine I will
install the latest and greatest...

Incidentally, I just installed FC6 on another (non-music) machine and
was happy to see that they are no longer using uptodate. They are using
pup I believe, which can be set to use other yum repos. And, the
distro's fedora extras included Jack, Rosegarden and other music apps.

-Joe