[linux-audio-user] Re: The famous "Jack Hum" (Can't record and desparate)

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 05:51:06 EET

> No, there's no possible software fix for this hardware problem.

Actually, the load generator worked.

*snip
A simple load generator with low scheduling priority:

        echo 'for ((;1;)); do i=0; done;'|nice -n 19 sh

*

Of course it might be a different problem and not a singing capacitor,
but I would like to point out and insist there is a solution for
absolutely EVERYTHING :) Had I believed your expertise I would have had
to replace my notebook to perform, which is why I NEVER believe anyone
who will tell me I can't do something. I'm Carlo Capocasa, I can do
anything! Heck, you're Lee Revell, you can do anything too.

Calro

PS: Except spell my name correctly.