Re: [linux-audio-user] FC2->Fc3->Fc4->Fc5->FC6->FC*: it's crazy!

From: Paul Winkler <pw_lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Nov 16 2006 - 19:29:26 EET

On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 07:19:12AM -0800, Brad Fuller wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for their views on distros. But, don't let my
> thanking stop you, it's a good thread. Learning issues of other distros
> is helpful for me and I hope others.
>
> What I think I'll do is grab a completely clean HD and install Gentoo
> when I have a free day. I might be coming back to the Gentoo experts
> begging for help when I get lost!

Another thing if you want to try a lot of distros, investigate the free
VMWare products. It makes it trivial to bounce back and forth and try
crazy experiments without ruining your existing system.

Problem: I doubt you can use pro/semipro audio hardware at low
latencies under VMWare, but I haven't tried that.

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com