Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Interview with EnergyXT Developer

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 17 2006 - 15:22:03 EET

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 08:44 +0100, Kjetil S. Matheussen wrote:
> Fons Adriaensen:
> >
> > On Thu, Nov 16, 2006 at 05:27:54PM -0500, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:
> >
> >> I think one good thing that is coming out of this is that the creator has
> >> apparently convinced some VST makers to recompile their VSTs for Linux as
> >> well. So, not all that is commercial is necessarily evil...
> >
> > What does that mean, a VST compiled for Linux ? Will it work without
> > a Windoze emulator ?
> >

> Sure, many vst plugins either don't have a gui, or are based on toolsets
> that are available for linux as well, such as juce, vstgui and fltk.
> (I've been reading the vst development list for some years)

vstgui is not really available for linux at this time. theoretically
there is a motif backend, but it seems that hardly anyone uses it or
even attempts to make sure that it works with the latest changes to
vstgui.

i think that the number of vst plugins using JUCE or FLTK can be counted
on the fingers of one person's hands.