Re: [linux-audio-user] HDSP + CardBus + Multiface

From: Martin Wohlleben <Martin.Wohlleben@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 21 2006 - 22:49:48 EET

Am Dienstag, den 21.11.2006, 09:25 +0000 schrieb Nick Murtagh:
> On 11/20/06, Martin Wohlleben <Martin.Wohlleben@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > I updated the firmware of my cardbus card 2 weeks ago (I think it was
> > also to version 15) and everything is still working fine as before. I
> > don't think it's a firmware problem. I'm using alsa-lib-1.0.13 and
> > alsa-firmware-1.0.13 with Kernel 2.6.18-rt7.
>
> Interesting, what IO box are you using? I have a multiface, it's a few
> years old. I'm wondering if this is the problem. It doesn't see to
> work in windows either :(

It's a Multiface (not Multiface 2). I bought it 2 years ago as package
togther with the old cardbus-card and had to buy a new laptop to get it
running under Linux (had an Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo with a crappy
cardbus-controller). But since then it's running fine.

That your card isn't running under Windows is rather strange because RME
was known for their good hdsp drivers and for me it worked under Windows
even with the crappy laptop.
Since the problem occurs also under Windows the support should be able
to help you.

Best regards
Martin