Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] jack_oscrolloscope 0.1

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 22 2006 - 12:26:13 EET

On Wednesday 22 November 2006 02:37, Reuben Martin wrote:
> I've a similar Athlon/nvidia setup. If I use OpenGL as root with -f 0
> then all is well. If I use the -f 0 as a normal user my CPU goes to
> 100%.

Huh... This is weird. Does vsync work for other programs?

try this as a normal user:
__GL_SYNC_TO_VBLANK=1 glxgears -printfps

It should print exactly the vertical refresh rate of your monitor. If it
doesn't, there's probably something wrong with your driver setup.

> Just using -g by itself doesn't cause the CPU to race, but it
> can easily lock things up. (The keyboard locks up, the display
> freezes, but the mouse still works) SDL mode is more stable and
> doesn't seem to use the CPU any more than the OpenGL mode.

I don't mean to shift the blame on others ;) But this sounds a lot like a
buggy driver. I too have seen one or two complete lockups while resizing
the jack_oscrolloscope window. I guess that's what you get for using a
binary driver on a -rt kernel it wasn't made for...

    Dominic