Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack wont start, undefined symbol: jack_tmpdir

From: glauber alex dias prado <glauberalex@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Nov 26 2006 - 09:36:16 EET

Em Dom, 2006-11-26 às 00:26 +0200, Sampo Savolainen escreveu:
> On Sat, 2006-11-25 at 17:29 -0200, glauber alex dias prado wrote:
> > Hi dear list, i am out of ideas, the error is follow: "jackd: symbol
> > lookup error: jackd: undefined symbol: jack_tmpdir" when i try to call
> > jack simply as /jackd -dalsa i dont know what to do, im on a gentoo box
> > amd64 arch, and jack always worked before, ive noticed this one week
> > ago, and tried uninstalling jack reemerge it and with a lot of different
> > versions, my fstab line entry regarding tmpfs is as follows:
> > "none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0"
>
> Sounds like you have multiple versions of jack installed. Probably one
> in /usr/local/ (self-built, i assume) and one from a distro in /usr/.
>
> If this is the case, I recommend that you remove the version
> in /usr/local and recompile jackd after running ./configure
> --prefix=/usr (and any other options you want to use)
>
> Oh, uninstalling is easiest via running "make uninstall" as root from
> the jack source directory you installed it from originally. You just
> need to do that before selecting a different prefix with "configure".

Man you are very much probably right, i did had it, but i was cleaning
up my mess recently and i think that in a moment of i need to clean
_everything_ i had my src jack self-compiled deleted, and i cant
remember which version it was, so i tried to get rid of it manually
making a comparison with my actual jack installed trough emerge, now i
dont know exactly what to do, i will try to manually recompile and them
uninstall to see what happens.

thanks very much for the response, its probably you are right.