Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Software recommendation

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Nov 28 2006 - 23:33:31 EET

Hi guys,

<...>
> I'd also say SEQ24 is your best run for your time. GTK, very lean, very
> simplistic. Does what you want. One drawback: Sequence lengths cannot be
> arbitrary, 1,2,4,8,16,32 or 64 bars. If this is a showstopper I would
> recommend writing to the author (or starting a campaign for people to
> write to the author) and ask for that.
>
> The next closest bet would be Rosegarden, but that's a full-fledged KDE
> App, which is why I stay away from it.
>
> Another option is Jazz++, which is fairly good but doesn't get a lot of
> press for some reason. It's cross-platform but fairly lightweight on linux.
>
> Still, I'd love to see Seq24 implement arbitrary sequence lengths
> myself... and it's such an exceptional program in how useful it is and
> how simple it is at the same time.

It's that time of year again, I feel like trying to push the word about MusE
some...

Any particular reason why you'd find MusE to be a bad solution for this?

Being a MusE developer and long time user, I'm merely asking as to understand
what other users lack in MusE that we might fix to make it better (apart from
mediocre publicity...).

This questions is definately not just directed at Carlo.

Regards,
Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/