[linux-audio-user] Useful trackball

From: Stuart Allie <Stuart.Allie@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 06:29:55 EET

Hi all,

Just thought I'd share this with you. I recently got one of these
trackballs:

http://www.amazon.com/Kensington-Expert-Mouse-Optical-Trackball/dp/B0000
9KH63

The cool feature here is the scroll ring around the ball. It works like
a scroll wheel, but you turn it like a knob. If your software responds
to mouse wheel messages in a sensible way, then you can use this ring as
a very tactile knob for controlling things. I have "dial/knob"-like
controls in my experimental ecasound front-end and using this scroll
ring thingy works really well with that.

Just thought some people might be interested.

It works really well as a day-to-day mouse too - much easier on the
wrists.

Cheers,

Stuart