Re: [linux-audio-user] Making audio CDs - a simple way

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 29 2006 - 16:39:24 EET

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:12:37 +0200
Sampo Savolainen <v2@email-addr-hidden> écrivait:

Hi,

> Nice command line approach. I must be getting lazier with age as I
> prefer this:
>
> Applications->Sound & Video->Serpentine Audio CD Creator
>
> Drag ogg's into Serpentine
>
> Press "Write to Disc"
>
> This is not meant as a smug response to a well written script
> alternative, but more a testament to how the Gnome developers have
> succeeded in making this so simple.

It depends. The Serpentine author lists a few packages that have to
be installed on Fedora Core 5 (I'm using CCRMA) before installing
Serpentine, one of them being the Nautilus python2 CD burner. Which,
I'll bet, did not re-invent the wheel and is using in the end
the well-known cdrecord utility.

So I'm a bit wary about installing five (plus Serpentine itself: 6)
packages in order to be able to 'easily' drag and drop files to be
burned on CD when I can freeze the process (and basically the exact same
functionality) in a simple script file inside a couple of minutes while
using what's already installed on the system.

I guess you could call me too lazy to bother with the installation of
a total of 6 packages just to be able to drag&drop files to be
burned on CD ! ;-) And I think I am, too.

So let's make a contest of who is the most lazy ! ;-))

Cheers,
Al