Re: [linux-audio-user] Barenaked Ladies new release - downloadable, in FLAC, no copy protection

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 03 2006 - 02:47:11 EET

On Sat, 2 Dec 2006 16:27:56 -0800
"Mark Knecht" <markknecht@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> A bit off topic except for the FLAC part.
> http://www.bnlmusic.com/music/

Hmmm, I don't see anything about FLAC. The "official bootleg" site
(isn't that an oxymoron?) has downloadable MP3s for sale. I couldn't get
the link to download the album to work for me (#$%&ing Flash), so I
don't know what happens after that. There's a link to an OnTour site
that seems to have audio content but requires a Yahoo widget which
isn't available for Linux :-/

The FAQ does mention that they use MP3 and some FLAC, but that's it.
I like the BNL a lot, but can't say that they're Linux-friendly at all.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh@email-addr-hidden