Re: [linux-audio-user] Real-time kernel

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 03 2006 - 23:18:38 EET

rob wrote:
> Tracey Hytry wrote:
>> The way I read it is Rui holds the copywrite for rtirq(all rights
>> reserved), but has been nice enough to license the use and
>> modifications of it to all of us under the terms of the GPL.
>>
> Sorry - I expressed myself poorly (yet again).
>
> IANAL but my understanding of the GPL license is that works distributed
> under GPL must satisfy criteria including prominent display of the
> license terms, which the script does not.

IANAL too, but my will is that all rights are reserved and protected in
the terms of the GPL. I find Rob is right and find myself guilty of pure
lazyness to put the whole GPL header verbatim on the script (in the
beginning the header was just longer that the actual code, so I just
spitted the "All rights reserved" line :). But its GPL alright, rest
assured. Next time I'll try to make a proper release (which never
happened before 'coz I've always handed the script to anybody who asked
for it :)

Cheers.

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela