Re: [linux-audio-user] [ANN] yet another linux sound wiki.

From: Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 16:00:42 EET

On Monday 11 December 2006 02:51, Robin Gareus wrote:
> Esben Stien wrote:
> > Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden> writes:
> >> open for editing to all registered users
> >
> > How is the one we already have, not perfect?
> >
> > Why register on a wiki, as it'll only give us less contributors?
>
> good point. because this is a devel. version and I don't want to
> completely open it for spammers right away. registration will be
> replaced by CAPTCHA in future versions.

Hi,

please keep in mind that CAPTCHA usually singles out i.e. blind users. You
_must_ have an alternative CAPTHA mechanism besides pictures (I.e. simple
mathematical questions in the vein of "If you have three oranges and four
apple, you take away 2 oranges and 1 apple. How much apples have you got
left?". Or something similar. Ok, maybe easier to process automatically than
pictures, but with some creative wording and a spelling mistake here and
there this could still work.

Or maybe there's better CAPTCHA mechanisms that are useful for disabled
people, too..

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!