Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux Audio Conference Continent selection

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 11 2006 - 18:05:18 EET

On Mon, 2006-12-11 at 11:47 -0400, M P Smoak wrote:
> On Monday 11 December 2006 09:03 am, Dave Phillips wrote:
> > Paul Davis wrote:
> > >for what its worth, the recent OSDL DAM-3 meeting has nominally
> > > decided to try to target LAC-2007 as a face-to-face opportunity to
> > > resolve the wretched state of audio APIs on linux.
> >
> > This is good news. Whose faces might we see then ?
> >
> > Will you be there ?
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > dp
>
> Based on recent news and comments I've read re osdl, I wonder
> if there will be any osdl faces seen.
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS6640205688.html
>
> Has osdl ever contributed anything toward linux audio/sound?

OSDL is not attempting to contribute anything. their desktop linux
project is trying to shepherd, guide, and focus efforts on the desktop,
nothing more than that. and yes, i will be suprised if OSDL lasts
another year, but given that nobody else is attempting to do what they
are doing, we should be glad that *someone* is trying.

--p