Re: [linux-audio-user] Attracting more Linux audio developers

From: Esben Stien <b0ef@email-addr-hidden-stien.name>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 03:14:17 EET

"Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> what is to prevent rotten apples from mangling

Nothing, but when a user comes to a page where the content is
destroyed, he just revert it to a previous revision.

Maybe you can also set max edits per day per ip, too.

Of course, a wiki where you have to register is better than no wiki,
but I won't sign up, because I believe that on a wiki, you should not
need to register. I also believe that the sporadic editing done by
random users is very good and adds very much.

I see myself in very many situations looking for a solution to a
problem, then seeing issues which I've already figured out, but the
wiki is not free, so I can't just change it; I have to register, but I
don't do it, mostly because I can't just register on every darn
wiki;).

When you have a wiki where you have to register, you often get one
person there and one person there, but you don't get the small edits
done by hundreds of people which is what a wiki is all about, in my
opinion.

--
Esben Stien is b0ef@email-addr-hidden     s      a
         http://www. s     t    n m