RE: [linux-audio-user] Attracting more Linux audio developers

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 12 2006 - 01:36:59 EET

If that is what you believe in, provided you have interest and/or time, I
would be more than happy to hook you up with the domain to get this thing
going. What many still struggle with is that Linuxaudio.org is not some kind
of a totalitarian self-proclaimed representative of LA world. Rather we
strive to become the representative (without the controlling part) through
friendly consolidation and adoption of resources. But we also have limited
manpower to do so, hence if you are interested and have the time to see this
through, let me know. Personally, I do not have the time to maintain a wiki
(especially one that would be prone to such abuse), but I can certainly
provide the tools to those who are willing.

Someone else replied to one of my e-mails mentioning how
portal.linuxaudio.org does not have all relevant linux-audio-* links. Well,
we provide all links to the sites that are under our domain. If your project
is relevant to our mission of consolidating resources and is interested in
joining the linuxaudio.org, then by all means contact me, I'll get you the
space, and your project will become a part of the portal/lao site. If
nothing else, you'll get free hosting (although one would hope you would be
looking for other benefits of consolidation as well)...

Best wishes,

Ico