Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Attracting more Linux audio developers

From: Stephen Cameron <smcameron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 17:22:33 EET

I ran into a similar problem once, the symptom appeared to
incriminate glibc at first blush, but turned out to be flac
library.

here's what I recorded about it:

Jun 13, 2006 Figured out why xmms was dying with glibc detecting
"double free or corruption:" It's because of a bug in the flac lib.
Not wanting to waste time getting a new flac (I haven't at the moment
got a need for FLAC) I straced xmms and found where it was loading
the lib (from /usr/lib/xmms/Input/libxmms-flac.*) moved those files
out of there and now xmms runs again.

Maybe you're seeing something similar, since it seems unlikely
that some package would be touching glibc, since so much depends
on it, and upgrading glibc is somewhat tricky (well, I remember
a bad experience once mv'ing libc.so on a Sun back in 1994 or so,
and suddenly every command that needs libc.so fails to run, LOL,
so I assume it is still tricky.)

-- steve