Re: [linux-audio-user] This list

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Dec 16 2006 - 18:16:11 EET

Nigel Henry wrote:

>Hi Dave. Thanks for sharing. I like the Blues, and "HamhoundCrave" comes over
>really well, but the best one for me is "TogetherAtTheEndOfThe World". The
>rhythm is great, and the feeling in the vocals comes through really well. A
>great tune with everything put into it, no holding back.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for listening, I appreciate it.

"Together At The End Of The World" was a lot of fun to write, it's still
a favorite song. Btw, the synths and drums and all from hardware. At
that time I owned a variety of synths, including a Yamaha TX16w with a
fantastic sampled drum set. I loved hardware synths then, the studio
also included a Korg EX8000, two Yamaha TX802 FM synths, a TX81Z, an
Ensoniq Mirage, a Roland MKS70 (a lovely hybrid synth), and various
Yamaha utility boxes (MEP4, MCS2, MJC8). Sometimes I wish I still had
some of those boxes, but I certainly don't miss their combined weight.

The MIDI software was Voyetra's Sequencer Plus Gold.

Best regards,

dp