[linux-audio-user] OT: Cell Phone RFI!

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 11:26:31 EET

Ever read that FCC certification on the back of your machine? Its interference
to the outside world is below certain limits and it must accept all
interference from the outside. Thanks a bunch.

Things have come a long way. The DEC micro-computer I once worked at home on
blacked out TV over a nice radius. I thought I was doing the world a service
but awaited neighbors' complaints which thankfully never came.

How about having a session ruined because someone is nearby with their
cellular phone? I am not talking about their voice. Outgoing and incoming
calls transmit a nice signature through the audio system, in the computer or
external amps, etc. Every time. (Most of this equipment was designed/built
before the overabundance of these toys.)

I assume the computer stuff is grounded. A little battery guitar amp might not
be. No matter, both get the calls. Had to kill the PA last night because the
organizer would not kill his phone.

What can one do about it?