[linux-audio-user] Usable linux accompaniment software?

From: iain duncan <iainduncan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 18 2006 - 20:39:03 EET

There seem to be a few partially developed options and I'm not sure
where to start. I would like to hear subjective opinions on whether any
of the linux options are usable for learning/practicing jazz standards,
preferably from people with some experience playing jazz who can
evaluate whether the auto-accompaniment is good enough to practice
with.

I intend to start working on learning tunes in a big way this year and
would ideally like to come up with an integrated toolset that I can use
to make lead sheets the way I like them, and from the same data files
generate halfway usable auto-accompaniment tracks. System could
preferably run on linux and OSX under fink. Opinions?

Thanks
Iain