Re: [linux-audio-user] 64 studio

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Dec 22 2006 - 00:53:43 EET

Malte Steiner wrote:

> In general I am happy with 64 Studio. Nonrealtime stuff like Cinelerra
> is much more responsive too. What I miss are some packages but I guess
> they will be added/updated soon. Namely csound 5 would be great, I
> cant get it running at the moment. The repos holds an old 4.23 version
> and a pure data version without many important externals and a bug
> with the tablewrite function. I tried to compile on my own but failed
> so far, I get many errors, I already posted to the appropriate
> mailinglists.

Hi Malte:

I've successfully compiled Csound5 for AMD64 and 64Studio. I posted a
notice on the Csound-dev mail list, IIRC you'll need to add -fPIC to the
compiler flags. You'll also need to have the various dev packages for
things like libsndfile support, FLTK graphics, etc.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

dp