Re: [linux-audio-user] jack and jack-midi

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 24 2006 - 00:50:50 EET

> Hi!
> I just installed jack 0.102.28 and I used the jackmidi examples (the
> sequencer and the sine-generator). But I wonder, is there a possibility to
> include soundcard midiports in jack directly? Or is there a way to somehow
> pipe or otherwise integrate alsa midi sequencer or simple
> /dev/snd/midiC?D?
> ports into jack?

There is a patch to jackd that I think was posted to the jackit
mailinglist that adds MIDI ports to the ALSA driver for all available
hardware ports. I hope it will get included eventually, it's a bit silly
to have a MIDI patching system that can't talk to hardware ports without
using another MIDI patching system.