Re: [linux-audio-user] move LAU to a forum?

From: Bengt Gördén <bengan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Dec 25 2006 - 10:22:28 EET

söndag 24 december 2006 11:26 skrev Leonard Ritter:
> i remember that there was discussion because the current maintainer
> wanted to pass on the LAU and LAD lists.
>
> i just had a refreshing conversation with one of the newer generation
> internet users and he had trouble understanding what a mailing list is.
>
> and indeed, why not move to a forum? are there arguments against it?

Nope. Don't like the idea. I've been subscribed to some maillinglists for
16-17 years now. I've been on some forums but they are to tideous to work
with so I always drop out. I definitely vote no to move to forum-based LAU.

If theres a way to extend it to a forum, like gmane extends a list to NEWS I
have no problem with it. But please keep the maillinglist as the first
choice.

/bengan