Re: [linux-audio-user] Music

From: chris beagles <christhemonkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 26 2006 - 20:18:51 EET

On 12/26/06, Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> chris beagles wrote:
>
> > I shall have a
> > go at reworking it with less diminished chords
>
> One of the things you could try is major chord in 1st inversion. So
> E-dim *could* be substituted with C/E, esp if the next chord has root F.
> Same function (secondary dominant), quite different sound...

Ok that seems to fit in well (or sort of, from D7 to C/E to Fsus, F7)

I also tried this sort of substitution later on when i used a F#dim,
replacing it with D in 1st inversion.
I'll re-record it with these chords substituted an then maybe add in a
bass part to go with it.

> Just a suggestion, feel free to discard :-)

Sharing knowledge is always a good thing =]
I thankyou for your input!

> --
> peace, love & harmony
> Atte