Re: [linux-audio-user] move LAU to a forum?

From: <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 27 2006 - 00:12:02 EET

>> and indeed, why not move to a forum? are there arguments
>> against it?

> My arguments against it are principally
<CUT>
> (3) the "push" advantage (people are more likely to contribute to
> a list where they're constantly getting mail and see something
> that piques their interest, than something they have to visit
> regularly to keep up with new topics)
>
> Rob

Yea, this is a big one. I was going to post with this point also. I just
know I would eventually just not read mail if it wasn't there everyday
saying "read me... read me". I would just say "I'll go look at the web
forum today" and would just end up doing other things and never get to
it. And you know how it goes... it's night time by then and you say,
"darn, forgot to look today... but I need to go to bed..."

Rocco