Re: [linux-audio-user] Frontier Design Tranzport Wireless DAW Controller

From: Mike Taht <mike.taht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 27 2006 - 21:26:13 EET

On 12/27/06, Brett W. McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On 12/27/06, BJaY <bruceslists@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Anybody know if I can hook this up to ardour / rosegarden / jack ?
> There's
> > one going cheap...
>
> You can with Ardour 2.0:
>
> http://ardour.org/manual/control_surfaces/tranzport

I love this device, and I have been working on improving that driver
somewhat. Patches to current svn are at:
http://tracker.ardour.org/view.php?id=1343

There seem to currently be some issues on multiprocessor machines with this
version of the driver.

Also I note that the setup for more modern versions of udev (e.g. FC6) is
out of date, you need a line like this in your /etc/udev rules:

# Frontier Designs Tranzport

SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device", ACTION=="add", SYSFS{idVendor}=="165b",
SYSFS{idProduct}=="8101", GROUP="audio", MODE=="0666"

I just got one yesterday, as a matter of fact, for use with Ardour...

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge