Re: [linux-audio-user] music made with linux

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Dec 31 2006 - 03:09:37 EET

Atte André Jensen wrote:

> http://web4490.web03.talkactive.net/demo/ro/ro.mp3

Well, I tried most of the nice suggestions and put up a new version:

http://web4490.web03.talkactive.net/demo/ro/ro.mp3

The version from the original post is here:

http://web4490.web03.talkactive.net/demo/ro/ro_org.mp3

diff:

* thickened the "sine rhodes" a bit
* added reverb (room) to percussive noises + minor level adjustments
* added reverb (plate) to vocal
* changed wrong audio track in one lower voice to correct one
* turned reverse delay a bit up on vocals
* slightly longer (non clicking) release on bass
* added slightly more overtone content to lead sound (solo) and turned
it down a bit.
* tagged the mp3 file

In general I think it blends better now, when no sounds (except bass and
bell) are completely dry. I think maybe the vocal are a bit too high and
the percussion is a bit to low, but I'll leave it with that for now...

To accomplish this I had to (in the real linux audio user spirit) patch
specimen to allow more instances to be running with different client
names + disable the annoying auto-connect audio outs feature (patch will
be submitted to specimen list when cleaned up a bit).

Thanks for listening, and for the many nice words. Maybe the more eager
among you find time to listen to the new version.

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte