Re: [linux-audio-user] OT: Recommendations for Headphones and Mic

From: <linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 01 2007 - 19:57:09 EET

jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> I am planning to buy some reasonable headphones and an
> entry-level mic for voice recording.. I would be grateul if
> anyone here has some recommendations..
>
> Best wishes,
>
> James

Hi,

I can't comment on headphones, but I have a SHURE SM57 mic that I've had
for a very long time and am very happy with the sound. It (and the SM58)
seem to be an industry standard, but I don't recall why. Maybe it has to
do with Versatility and/or price? You may want to do a google search for
this mic or the SM58. So many times I've seen concerts on TV and saw
them using either the SM57 or SM58 (most likely it was the SM57 because
I believe the SM58 has a different look).

Keep in mind that people actually buy mics based on how they sound with
their voice. But I found the SM57 to be a very versatile mic for both
voice and accoustic instruments. I know you're looking for an "entry
level mic", But this could be a mic you use for a very long time, and
for many purposes.

Rocco