Re: [linux-audio-user] Alsa sound card order.

From: St <st@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 07:24:10 EET

Solved for now, I think. I haven't built a kernel in
a while, and I thought that including the native OSS support
would get me my /dev/dsp* stuff back. After reading some
internet, I realized that the OSS stuff is truly out of the
loop, and one really wants to build in the OSS emulation
stuff that is under the ALSA menu.

So, after rebooting many times, and answering the nvidia
driver questions as many times, I still wonder about the
issue of card order. Right now all is ok, but I've heard
many reports of card order swapping from boot to boot. Not
so hot.

Experiences?

Thanks,

Tobiah