[linux-audio-user] [solved]-Installing nvidia graphic driver on a 64studio 1.0

From: Yo <yoyo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 13:08:24 EET

Hi,

Just for information because I spent a part of the night trying to
install the nvidia driver on the 64studio 1.0 distro (because I needed to
activate Twinview for my dual screen). The installer returned me an
error because the gcc version was not the same that the one used to
compile the kernel (4.1 instead of 4.0).

It seems that gcc 4.0 is not available, even in debian unstable (gcc-4.1).

So the solution I used :

Download packages (.deb)

cpp-4.0...
gcc-4.0-base...
gcc-4.0...

here (for example):

http://snapshot.debian.net/archive/2006/09/05/debian/pool/main/g/gcc-4.0/

Install the three packages with dpkg

# dpkg -i cpp-4.0...
etc...

And then try to install the nvidia driver. It should work.

At the end, It looks simple but it takes a lot of time to me to find the
solution, so if it can help, I'm pleased to share ;-)

Cheers.

--
Yohann
http://www.xrousse.org | mailto:yo@email-addr-hidden | MSN yoyo@email-addr-hidden | GPG: 0x43D83E36