Re: [linux-audio-user] Jack convolve compilation with gcc 4.1.0 (was: ladspa reverb)

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 03 2007 - 14:58:43 EET

On 1/2/07, Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> > Talking about reverbs and convolution, I gave a try to jack-convolve.
> > It seems it does not compile with gcc 4.1.0.... asm problem (even with
> > the latest stable).
> >
> > Does someone knows of a patch to fix this ?
>
> It builds fine here with gcc 4.1.2. jack_convolve only uses ASM through
> libconvolve which can be built using libDSP (which in turn contains some ASM
> code)..
>
> Let us see the whole error messages maybe?

Right... I was too fast writing this post :-)

It is libDSP which contains some assembly code that doesn't seem to
compile well with my gcc. I have used the latest stable (5.0.2) which
(according to the changelog) contains "Support for gcc-4.x".

So basically :

1. I will post the error messages tonight (that is, 6 hours from now
for those who don't live in France) so people can see if they had a
similar problem.
2. Is it possible to use libconvolve without libDSP and what is the
impact on performance ?

Marc-Olivier Barre,
Markinoko.