Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: dssi-vst

From: Russell Hanaghan <hanaghan@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 04 2007 - 04:44:43 EET

osbusters@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Russell Hanaghan writes:
>

>> Try http://rpm.nyvalls.se
>> I never had any luck with dssi-vst mainly because of it's inability
>> to interpret long file names or segmented / deprecated name.
>
> Thanks for the link.
> If not dssi-vst, then what do people use to wrap vsti's for use in
> Rosegarden?

Last time I used them (been awhile), I used fst. Connect them all via
Qjackctl / Jack for audio recording in RG. Does not apply to any midi
sequencing unless your connecting output of midi module or soundfonts
(Qsynth for eg.) via jack.

Thac has fst and all the goodies for Mandriva. Some of his packages are
not so current which is odd. I have not talked with him in some time
now. I have no doubt he is busy.

Cheers
~R