[linux-audio-user] OT: Recommendations for Headphones and Mic

From: Jeff Sandys <sandysj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 05 2007 - 21:17:09 EET

James said:
> For headphones I decided to get some Audio-Technica ATHM30

If you haven't bought the headphones yet you might want to pop
for the ATH-M40fs. Many users think they are better than the
Sennheiser HD280.

> I was puzzling how to connect the mono output from the preamp
> to the stereo line-in on the sound card. In the end I bought a
> dual mono 1/4" to stereo 1/8" jack lead. This seems most
> sensible to me, though I was wondering if a straight stereo-stereo
> would have worked??

You could just plug a mono 1/8" jack into the stereo line-in.
The mike will be on the left channel (tip) and the jack shaft will
ground the normal right channel (ring) input. By using the dual
mono to stereo, the right channel line-in is connected to an
"antenna" that could cause some noise (but it probably shouldn't
be a problem).

FREE Reminder Service - NEW from AmericanGreetings.com
Click HERE and never forget a Birthday or Anniversary again!
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?s=197335&u=http://www.americangreetings.com/products/online_calendar.pd