Re: [linux-audio-user] music made with linux

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 00:57:52 EET

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 23:45:40 +0100
Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden> a écrit:

> > On the other hand, I've found that the bass (bassest ?) noise used
> > as percussion is a bit unsetting. When it is used in the
> > percussion break it is nice, but unless it represents something
> > that has to do with the meaning/lyrics, it kind of stands out and
> > does not blend enough with the other percussive counterparts of
> > same 'noise' and them all with the piece. IMHO, of course.
>
> Hmmm. I'm not sure which sound you're referring to. Is it the one on
> "one in every other bar", the one leading into sections or the one on
> "three"?

That'd be the one on three. It's unsetting because it sounds so much
like something, but I don't know what. I'd be very surprised if that's
a 'standard' percussive sound.

To go on a tangent, there's a fine line between a common noise used as
percussion and a percussion sound that can live on its own. Eg. the
cup and the cowbell. Whereas a glass cup being hit reminds the
presence of a cup, the cowbell is way into percussive instrument land
and does not bring to mind pastures, cows or other farmyard concerns.

> > It is not sung in English, isn't it ? Do you have a translation of
> > the words ?

> The lyrics are Danish. I wouldn't want to bug the list with it,
> considered it's religious nature. I could translate it and send it to
> you off-list if you're interested...

Sure. Thanks.

Cheers,
Al