[linux-audio-user] Patch one channel to both channels in ALSA?

From: Peter Clarke <pgclarke@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 16:38:47 EET

Is there a neat software solution for patching, say, the
left channel of PCM output to both channels of the line
output of my soundcard in ALSA?

I need this because I've just installed a TV card, which
works great except that the dual language function doesn't
seem to be supported. So I get English in one speaker and
Chinese in the other. I'd rather have the same in both.

I thought of doing it with the JACK patchbay, but the TV
output unfortunately doesn't show up in JACK.

Thanks for any help,

Peter C