Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: SB450 any good? why does jack fail?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 06 2007 - 19:54:39 EET

sam@email-addr-hidden wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> 1, firstly i was wondering is the sb450 is any good? is it worth me trying to
>> use this card for audio mixing?
>>
>> 2, I have installed 64studio, by default the sound works and with a small
>> ammount of tweaking i can capture audio using audacity. However sound does
>> not
>> work from firefox unless i first run alsaconf. Is there a way to have working
>> sound on firefox and other programs using alsa? and how can i make it so that
>> do not have to run alsaconf on every boot?
>>
>> 3, Jack fails to start;
>> 15:12:56.334 Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client. MIDI patchbay will be
>> not available.
>> ALSA lib seq_hw.c:457:(snd_seq_hw_open) open /dev/snd/seq failed: No such
>> file
>> or directory
>> How can i fix this please?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Sam
>>
>> This is my full hardware spec: http://hp-nx6325.pbwiki.com/

Hi,

- What is the output of : cat /proc/asound/cards

- Can you use aplay : aplay -f cd -d hw:0,0 somefile.wav
        Make sure its a cd quality .wav file

Most of us use the aoss wrapper for firefox.

ex. aoss firefox

If you answer the first two questions we can give more advice for the
jack problem...

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd.