Re: [linux-audio-user] status of ams

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 17:43:30 EET

On Sun, Jan 07, 2007 at 03:47:19PM +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:

> Dave, do you think there is a place for a softsynth that would be
> modular but with a fixed set of modules, everyhing controlled from
> one window, no patch cables, only 'hardware controls' such as
> sliders and switches, each one assignable to MIDI, and of course
> uncompromising audio quality ?
> In other words a synth that would be easy to use and optimised for
> 'live' work, sort of a MiniMoog on steroids ? Polyphonic of course but
> not multi-timbral - just start two or three of them if you need that.

In Om, I often find myself building the usual Osc > Filter > Amp
chains (or Amp > Filter). A model that builds on suchs chains,
but allows additional routing could be nice. Maybe with 2 oscs
and filters per chain. It should allow easy layering and rich
CC support.

Another concept worth consideration would be a routing matrix, with
amount of influence in the cells. I asume low to medium complexity
setups could be done very fast, while a graph should be superior
for more complex things.

--
Thorsten Wilms
Thorwil's Creature Illustrations: