Re: [linux-audio-user] Status of JACK midi sync?

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 07 2007 - 23:27:11 EET

On Sun, 2007-01-07 at 21:20 +0000, Jean-Baptiste Mestelan wrote:
> This sounds good but ... I must be missing something :
>
> In patchage, ghostess now shows a different-coloured (brown) MIDI-in,
> which is a JACK-MIDI in.
>
> Fine, but how do I connect this IN to my keyboard MIDI-out ??
> Patchage will not accept to do so. Is it even intended to work like
> this ?

No, you can not connect ALSA sequencer ports directly to JACK MIDI
ports. There are some bridge clients that you can use (don't have the
URLs here, I think they were posted to the jackit-devel list a while
ago). There is also a patch for JACK's ALSA backend that exposes the
hardware MIDI ports available to ALSA as JACK MIDI ports, but it has not
been applied to the SVN version of JACK yet.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E