Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Free society Revisited (Was: Vocoder)

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 15:31:14 EET

On Friday 05 January 2007 18:17, Tim Howard was like:
> On 1/5/07, Forest Bond <forest@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 05:26:02PM -0800, Tim Howard wrote:
> > > I think the real problem centers around the fact that people get too
> > > hung up on money...
> >
> > Spoken like a man who doesn't have to struggle too much for a meal.
> >
> > -Forest
>
> This is true.  But I would say that those who are in need of more
> money in order to survive, are not "hung up on money", but rather
> focused on survival.  Which is a bit different.

Yeah, and being hung up on money can seriously limit one's survival options. I
speak from the experience of having had to struggle for meals regularly and
recently. Whether you need to eat or just upgrade your computer, actually the
process is the same. You will not progress by focussing on the fact that you
have no money, you have to focus on the idea that you _are_ going to get what
you want/need and stop worrying about the financial details. So I agree with
Carlo in this instance.

--
cheers,
tim hall