Re: [linux-audio-user] midi interface

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 18:45:34 EET

Hello,
> If I have a midi-interface, one of those externals, to which you can connect
> more than one device (synth, keyboard), how does this look to alsa? Does it
> only see one dvice with a lot of channels or does it see more devices? I think
> about getting one to use it with midish, which uses rawmidi devices and I
> wonder if it will work.

When I connect my Emagic AMT8 to the computer it sees the 1 device with
9 connectors, the actual plugs 1-8 and one broadcast which goes to all.
Unfortunally it didnt see the Unitor which is daisychained to the AMT
and normally add 8 more ins/outs. This scares me a bit, are there any
ways around?
Now that Apple ceased all the midihardware equipment, what are the
options for multi- midichannel cards? Has Steinberg some hardware offers?
Actually the behaviour of Apple drove me to Linux when they abandond
SoundDiver and Emagic Hardware, I lost the trust into companys.

Cheers,

Malte

--
Malte Steiner