Re: [linux-audio-user] status of ams

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 08 2007 - 20:00:35 EET

On Mon, Jan 08, 2007 at 05:34:08PM +0100, Nick Copeland wrote:

> The Bristol 2600 does this, you either use the default patching, or you can
> repatch it with cables. The cable patch layer is a transparency and you can
> toggle with the 't' key between opaque and transparent to either hide the
> spaghetti when programming or show the layer when you are repatching.

I downloaded Bristol yesterday to have a look at it but didn't manage
to get a single sound out it. It seemed to have problems with ALSA, and even with -jack tried to use an ALSA device. I'll try again some
time later.

Is Bristol a single 'engine' with a number of interfaces on top of it,
or does it have DSP code specific to a synth type (e.g. the Moog's
filters) ?

--
FA
Lascia la spina, cogli la rosa.