Re: [linux-audio-user] status of ams

From: Atte André Jensen <atte.jensen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 10 2007 - 16:39:48 EET

Ken Restivo wrote:

> I am using it, and now that I know how to make it polyphonic I will
> be using it a *lot* more.

I'm glad you discovered --poly :-)

> What are the things I'd like to see? 1) Standard keybindings for
> Load(Open?)/Save/Exit

Should be easy...

> 5) The ability to separate the sound engine from the GUI, like Om
> does.

Well at least you can use -n (or --nogui) for starting without the gui.

> 7) Oh, and if I don't have a particular LADSPA module present on my
> system, it'd be nice if AMS tried to at least connect the modules
> that *are* present (I believe Om does this correctly), instead of
> just giving up and connecting nothing at all

As far as I remember Om also gave up on this...

> BTW, I have a dream of taking something like Om/Ingen, or a headless
> client/server version of AMS, and running it on a Linksys box with
> OpenWRT and a USB audio interface-- connected to a USB keyboard like
> the Keystation, and playing live with it. A $100 modular synthesizer
> module that fits in your pocket.... that'd rule...

We all have different dream. I once dreamed of putting a ultra flexible
modular synth setup together in csound and run it from live on a laptop
controlled by 3 usb keyboards. Now this is something I've done routinely
for over 3 years...

> And I hope it comes out of hibernation soon...

That would be nice...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte