[linux-audio-user] asoundrc / multi error -- "Channels count non available"

From: reuben firmin <reuben.firmin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Jan 13 2007 - 22:07:07 EET

As part of my experimenting to get both of my cards playing the same stream,
I defined a configuration in asoundrc using the multi plugin, per the docs
here http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/alsa-lib/pcm_plugins.html

The complete asoundrc follows. Testing using aplay -vD XXX myfile.wav, where
XXX is the pcm name, usb, desktop and default work fine; however, multi and
ttable both give an error:

aplay: set_params:906: Channels count non available

What does this mean and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Reuben

----
pcm.usb {