Re: [linux-audio-user] LAD/LAU/LAA/Consortium/...

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 16 2007 - 10:26:40 EET

Predrag Viceic wrote:

> I would even suggest the usage of a forum (à la php-forum) for information
> sharing. Those forums would allow multiple topics (LAD, LAA, LAU, Ardour,
> Rosegarden, MuSE, Jack, ... ) and in the same time facilitate the research,
> the tracking of topics and the most important thing, would allow the linux
> newcomers to see all the work done in those lists.

The idea of forcing the abomination called forums on long time users of
the list has already been discarded.

> I hope that I'm not irritating anyone by suggesting the above, but we are all
> conscious of the fact that linux audio is still a niche "market" so having an
> unique point of access to the posts would really be awesome.

There's nothing wrong with a site where one can go and use something
like Google to find individual posts. A lot of lists I'm on have
searchable list archives accessible that way, often provided by the list
server software they're using. That doesn't require use of a forum.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden