[linux-audio-user] (no subject)

From: Hasse Hagen Johansen <hhj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 09:39:33 EET

Hi

I am looking at usb soundcards for listening to music on my
laptop. Right now I got down to three candidates:

 - Terratec Aureon 5.1 USB MKII

 Pros: Cheap.Have both TOSLINK in/out
 Cons: "Only" 16bit up to 48KHz

 - Audiotrak Optoplay

 Pros: 24bit/96KHz
 Cons: No TOSLINK input

 - Roland Edirol UA-1EX

 Pros: 24bit/96KHz.Has TOSLINK in/out
 Cons: Cost about 40% more than the others

What I need is soundcard with stereo output to headphones,line out,and
preferable TOSLINK in/out(It would be useful sometimes, but is not a
must)

Any other suggestions is also welcome. Also higher end cards on
USB/PCCARD which I can buy used(RME hdsp with multiface is a
bit overkill though)

Any one have any experience with such cards and can recommend
something?

Regards
Hasse H. Johansen