Re: [linux-audio-user] Exporting Muse tracks to an audio file

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 19 2007 - 13:46:12 EET

Hi Rocco,

linuxmedia4@email-addr-hidden skrev:
> Hi,
>
> When I need to record drum parts, I use Muse that triggers samples in
> Hydrogen or Specimen. Unfortunately, in this situation, Muse's 'Bounce
> to File' function doesn't allow me to export to an audio file (to use
> in ecasound) because this only works with Muse's built-in soft synths
> or soundfonts loaded into Muse (unless I overlooked something).
Actually MusE can add arbitrary audio sources to the mix, not just
softsynths.
Right click in the track list and select Audio-Input. Connect this input
to the softsynth output and off you go.
In this situation it is best to unconnect the softsynths routing to the
soundcard since this is not needed and will interfere with your
listening levels. Most softsynths have a setting to skip this step.

Regards,
Robert